You can migrate your SFTP server into the cloud using Movebot. Once your data is in your cloud, you can then turn your desired cloud into an SFTP server using Couchdrop Cloud SFTP. Couchdrop SFTP supports multiple users, branded portals and dedicated servers hosted globally.
Configuring your Migration
1. Navigate to admin.movebot.io and select Create
2. Select your Source provider from the dropdown provided, in this case, it would be SFTP
You will need to input the following information:
|SFTP Hostname or IP Address|
|SFTP Port (SFTP uses port 22 by default)|
|SFTP User Credentials or Private Key|
3. Select your Destination provider to be where you are moving your File Server information to. See here how to configure any of our supported storage.
4. Select the folders you wish to migrate across, if nothing is selected it will migrate all folders. Select the location you wish to move the folders to, if nothing is selected they will be moved into the top level (root directory).
5. Configure settings
|Name||A name for the migration|
|Email Notifications||Get emailed when your migration is completed|
|Delta Enabled||Only move files that have been modified since the last migration|
|Scheduled||Select a time to run the migration, or set a daily scheduled migration|
|Worker Nodes||Improve performance by adding extra Movebots to process your data|
Advanced Options - We recommend leaving these as the default
|Filename Sanitization||Some providers such as OneDrive don't allow certain characters in file names, we will make amendments so that all your files make it across.|
|Doctype Conversion||Google file types such as .gdoc, .gsheet and .gslide aren't readable from other providers, we will automagically convert the files to .docx, .xlsx and .pptx during the migration.|
|Duplicate Santization||Google Drive allows multiple files and folders with the same name, with this enabled and if there are two or more files with the same name, we only move the most recently updated file.|
|Worker Threads||We highly recommend not touching this unless you know what you are doing. This is set to the best for your cloud provider by default.|
6. Save and Kickoff - Leave the heavy lifting to Movebot, we will email you once your migration is done.
Click below to go back to Movebot and Get Started
To setup up your SFTP server in the cloud with Couchdrop navigate to community.couchdrop.io
Should you have any issues or questions, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com