For Google Workspace Drive Migrations you need to Delegate Domain Wide Authority for Movebot to access your users and migrate them automatically. To delegate domain-wide authority, you must generate a Client ID in the Movebot interface and then delegate domain wide authority within Google Workspace.
Delegating Domain Wide Authority to a Service Account
- Go to your Google Workspace domain's Admin console.
- Search for the API controls on the top search bar and click API controls from the list of options.
- Select Manage Domain Wide Delegation in the Domain wide delegation section at the bottom.
- Click Add New.
- In the Client ID field enter the Client ID that was created when you generated a token within Movebot
- In the One or More API Scopes field copy and paste the below URL's:
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive,https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.file, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.security
- Click Authorize.
Once finished it should look something like:
For more information on delegating domain wide authority , see Googles KB article - https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/service-account#delegatingauthority