For Google Workspace Drive Migrations you need to Delegate Domain Wide Authority for Movebot to access your users and migrate them automatically. To delegate domain-wide authority, you must generate a Client ID in the Movebot interface and then delegate domain wide authority within Google Workspace.
Delegating Domain Wide Authority to a Service Account
- Go to your Google Workspace domain's Admin console.
- Select Security from the list of controls. If you don't see Security listed, select More controls from the gray bar at the bottom of the page, then select Security from the list of controls. If you can't see the controls, make sure you're signed in as an administrator for the domain.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click API controls from the list of options.
- Select Manage Domain Wide Delegation in the Domain wide delegation section at the bottom.
- Click Add New.
- In the Client ID field enter the Client ID that was created when you generated a token within Movebot
- In the One or More API Scopes field enter: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive,https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.file, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.security
- Click Authorize.
Once finished it should look something like:
For more information on delegating domain wide authority , see Googles KB article - https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/service-account#delegatingauthority