Migrating into and out of Sharepoint with users requires the SharePoint admin registered with Movebot to have access to users OneDrive accounts. In SharePoint, admins do not have access by default to individual OneDrive accounts.
Granting Access to an Individual User
As long as you are a licensed Microsoft 365 Global Administrator, you can take ownership of a user’s OneDrive by following these steps:
1. Log into the Microsoft 365 Admin Center for your tenant.
2. Select the OneDrive user whose files you need.
3. Scroll down to OneDrive Settings.
4. Click Access Files and grant yourself administrator privileges in the OneDrive settings.
5. Click the hyperlink to open OneDrive in your browser to access the user’s OneDrive as a secondary administrator.
Granting Access to all Users
For larger organisations, you can use Powershell to automate granting permissions at scale.
Note: If you do not have experience with Powershell, consult someone in your organisation who does. Or have a chat with our team.
1. Ensure you have the SharePoint Powershell utilities installed:
Open Powershell as Administrator and run: